Assist teachers and support student learning in a range of classroom settings
Are you interested in a rewarding career in education support? Our Certificate IV in School Based Education Support course has been tailored to meet industry needs and standards through comprehensive consultation with industry professionals.
CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers who assist teachers and support student learning in a range of classroom settings under the guidance of a teacher or other educational professional.
At this level, workers may be involved in facilitation of learning for a range of instructional groupings, including for those students in need of additional support. In these roles, the education support worker sources and analyses information from diverse sources, may work with limited direct supervision and could provide guidance to other workers.
- Teacher's aide (pre-kindergarten, primary or secondary)
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course. However, to enrol you must be willing to obtain a:
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
You will also need to provide evidence of your vaccination history, including COVID-19.
This course is made up of 17 units of competency including 13 core and 4 elective units.
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCEDS033 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment
- CHCEDS045 - Support student mathematics learning
- CHCEDS046 - Support student literacy learning
- CHCEDS047 - Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS048 - Work with students in need of additional learning support
- CHCEDS051 - Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS056 - Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- CHCEDS058 - Support the implementation of behaviour plans
- CHCEDS059 - Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Training is delivered 2 days a week (excluding public holidays and school holidays) in a blended model (Zoom and face to face) and is delivered over 30 weeks.
View our course calendar to see upcoming intakes for this course.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding for eligible individuals.
Victorian residents may be eligible for government subsidised training in Victoria under the Skills First Funding Program.
Eligibility exemptions and/or fee waivers may be available to:
- Asylum Seeker VET Program
- Eligibility Exemptions Initiative
- Skills First Youth Access Initiative.
|Skills First funded tuition fee||Skills First concession tuition fee||Fee for service|
|Maximum tutition fee||$0||$0||$6,670.00|
* These fees are indicative and may change according to individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may be required for first aid certificate, police check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
A BRACE representative will assist you in determining your eligibility and course fees, a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided to you.
Hours: 100 hours.
We organise Practical Placement for all our students, however students are also encouraged to seek placement where possible.
*You will need to undergo a National Police Check before you begin the practical placement. Practical placement may not be possible if a check that is carried out contains adverse outcomes. In this instance, you may not be able to complete your qualification and your employment opportunities may be affected. If you are aware of, or are concerned about anything that may appear on a Police Check, please discuss this at your enrolment interview.
This training is delivered with funding from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments. Eligibility criteria apply or training is offered on a fee for service basis. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
RTO Code: 3621